A new MicroScope paper has just been published in the 2020 Database issue of Nucleic Acids Res. journal.
This paper focuses on some major improvements since 2017:
- Improvements of the genome browser and of the sequence/organism selector
- Update of the automatic annotation procedure
- New tools for functional annotation of genes : eggNOG, essential genes, prediction of resistome and virulome
- New tools for the characterization of genomic regions : antiSMASH 5, Integron Finder, MacSyFinder and CRISPRCas Finder
Ongoing work on new functionalities dedicated to pangenomics is also presented with notably:
- MicroScope Genome Clusters
- Pangenome computation and identification of Regions of genomic plasticity with the PanRGP tool
We would like to thank all MicroScope users for their feedback, which helped greatly in optimizing and improving many functionalities of the system.
Please use this article when citing MicroScope.