Current position: Research Scientist
I obtained my Ph.D in 2005 from the University Claude Bernard Lyon 1, based on my studies on ‘Evolutionary relationships between bacteria and hyperthermophilic archaea’, under the co-direction of Guy Perrière and Manolo Gouy. Then I joined the lab of Siv Andersson at Uppsala University in Sweden for 13 months to work on the genome sequence of Bartonella grahamii.
In 2007, I joined the team of Claudine Médigue in Genoscope as a research scientist. I use my expertise in molecular evolution and genomics to contribute to different bioanalysis projects handled in the lab. Lately, my main interest relies on the evolution of secondary metabolites in cyanobacteria. I also work on the development of the functionalities of the MicroScope platform around the annotation of gene clusters (BGCs, secretion systems, operon…) and I am responsible for the MicroScope professional trainings organization in collaboration with Evry University.
As Quality Manager of the LABGeM, I am in charge of the development and maintenance of the management quality system of the laboratory.
- Pancrace C, Gugger M and Calteau A Genomics of NRPS/PKS Biosynthetic Gene Clusters in Cyanobacteria. from: Cyanobacteria: Omics and Manipulation (Edited by: Dmitry A. Los). Caister Academic Press, U.K. (2017) Pages: 55-74.
- Pancrace C, Barny MA, Ueoka R, Calteau A, Scalvenzi T, Pédron J, Barbe V, Piel J, Humbert JF, Gugger M. Insights into the Planktothrix genus: Genomic and metabolic comparison of benthic and planktic strains. Sci Rep. 2017 Jan 24;7:41181.
- Vallenet D, Calteau A, Cruveiller S, Gachet M, Lajus A, Josso A, Mercier J, Renaux A, Rollin J, Rouy Z, Roche D, Scarpelli C, Médigue C. MicroScope in 2017: an expanding and evolving integrated resource for community expertise of microbial genomes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017 Jan 4;45(D1):D517-D528.
- Calteau A, Fewer DP, Latifi A, Coursin T, Laurent T, Jokela J, Kerfeld CA, Sivonen K, Piel J, Gugger M.
Phylum-wide comparative genomics unravel the diversity of secondary metabolism in Cyanobacteria. BMC Genomics. 2014 Nov 18;15:977.
- Leikoski N, Liu L, Jokela J, Wahlsten M, Gugger M, Calteau A, Permi P, Kerfeld CA, Sivonen K, Fewer DP. Genome mining expands the chemical diversity of the cyanobactin family to include highly modified linear peptides. Chem Biol. 2013 Aug 22;20(8):1033-43.
- Shih PM, Wu D, Latifi A, Axen SD, Fewer DP, Talla E, Calteau A, Cai F, Tandeau de Marsac N, Rippka R, Herdman M, Sivonen K, Coursin T, Laurent T, Goodwin L, Nolan M, Davenport KW, Han CS, Rubin EM, Eisen JA, Woyke T, Gugger M, Kerfeld CA. Improving the coverage of the cyanobacterial phylum using diversity-driven genome sequencing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013 Jan 15;110(3):1053-8.
See Google Scholar for a complete list of publications.